Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Chariots, Clothes & Cathedrals.


Today felt like Southern California. Mid 70's, welcoming breeze and just the right about of sunlight to wear a light jacket. After grabbing my 60D and 24-70mm lens from our Rental Department, I hopped on the M train towards 59th Street. 


The second I stepped onto the pavement I knew this was the "New York" you see in the movies. High fashion decorated store fronts, horse chariots and people buying fancy clothing.


Although I had already had breakfast this morning, I couldn't resist visiting Tiffany and Company for the first time. There were actually people eating their breakfast outside, but they kept looking at me. Needless to say I didn't snap their photo. The talk of the town in the past 48 hours has been Apple and their release of another product that will have people camping outside their glass-box flagship. I thought I'd pay a visit to see what the hype was all about.


I found this trail at the entrance of Central Park and decided to explore a little. I got some dirt on my shoes, but the view was worth it.



I had to visit the famous Trump Tower. I heard there was a Starbucks on the inside, so I went to see for myself.



Lastly, I paid a visit to Saint Patricks Cathedral. I had to take off my hat when I walked in, which made me really uncomfortable. The stained glass reminded me of the southern bell church my mother raised me in.  Ironically, she texted me when I was there.