Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brian Offidani Gallery Opening

The gallery opening for "Mud" by Brian Offidani will open tonight, February 11th from 6:30-8:30pm. 

About Mud:
"I initially became interested in shooting portraits of Tough Mudders after I had run the race. I'm a very competitive person, but I ran this race with a group of about 20 people of varying degrees of fitness. I didn't think I would enjoy the race as much because of this, but it turned out I was wrong. I really did enjoy camaraderie and it really seemed to elevate the excitement of the event. I wanted to shoot portraits at the finish line in a controlled environment. I was interested in how this camaraderie transformed people after such an event; it seemed to be infectious. People seemed to be either overjoyed with accomplishment and adrenaline, exhausted or literally transformed from the mud into almost a caricature of them."
- Brian Offidani







About Brian:
Born in Baltimore, MD and raised in Lancaster, Pa, Brian Offidani began his interest in photography and film when he was early in his teenage years. Upon graduating from Pennsylvania State University and after a brief move to Boulder, CO, Brian relocated to New York City. Immediately upon arriving in NYC he began an internship at the world-renowned studio of photographer Howard Schatz. Following his tenure with Mr. Schatz, he went on to work as a freelance photographer's assistant to Gilles Bensimon and many of the world's leading photographers. Brian has worked in the NYC photography and film industry for 12 years and has owned and operated his own studio in NYC for the last 6 years. Brian strives to find creativity and clear vision and showcase that through his work. He has worked on a wide variety of projects and has been able to travel the world while working for clients or simply seeking the best skiing! 

So join us tonight in the rental department and enjoy this great show!