Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jodi Jones: Diary of Fashion Photographer Continued


We followed Jodi Jones during fashion week last month.  She submitted her daily diary of thoughts, images, and stories.  Below is her entry for day two which was just as crazy and busy as the first.
DAY 2 – Friday, February 11, 2011
Today I had a full schedule from 9:00am – 9:00pm. The agenda included 11 different designers on different stages and studios. Our schedule began with Ruffian and Perry Ellis. Following later was; Farah Angsana, Buckler, Rebecca Taylor, Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller, Joy Cioci, Cynthia Rowley, Academy of Art University and Venexiana.
© Jodi Jones
I had Shawn cover the first show of the day (Ruffian) in the studio while I went to get in line for Perry Ellis in the stage.  There was already a long line of photographers waiting in the holding area but I had a pass waiting for me from the PR, as I was on the backstage list. So, I was able to avoid the line and go right to the backstage area for a coffee, then into the venue ahead of the photographers.  For Perry Ellis, I shot video with the 5d Mark II.  My video camera settings for the show were: ISO 1000, 1/50 sec at an f16 with the 70-200mm lens.  I had to shoot at an f16 in order to get the fast moving model on the runway in focus with a white balance of 3200 Kelvin.  I always dial in the color temperature manually for each show. Most of the time the venue lighting is tungsten.  Occasionally there are daylight spots or a mixture of tungsten and daylight, making it difficult to use the default settings.
© Jodi Jones
My day was pretty much running from show to show, with the occasional break to get a glass of wine and to give my CF card(s) to my assistants Stefano and Leriam for download then send straight to AP (Associated Press).  The final shows of the day were Academy of Art University and Venexiana.


© Jodi Jones